Monday, March 6, 2017

What Are You Eating?

At the beginning of every year I make the resolution of saving more money. A big component to that is not buying my work lunches but bringing one to work instead.  Last year I did okay; my lunch spending improved but my goal is to bring lunch every work day or have zero spend weeks on lunch every week.  The only exception is when I'm having lunch with a friend at a restaurant and I limit that to once a week but it doesn't happen often.  Last year, I don't think I ever succeeded in bringing lunch every day or having a zero spend week on lunches but this year I finally did it! I credit it to making a more conscious effort in meal planning a few days ahead, making enough for dinner and the next day's lunch for two people (my partner and I), and packing my lunches the night before. Typing it now, it's so odd how such simple changes could make such a difference in my life! One of the foods I ate three times (yes three!) this week was Maangchi's Crunchy Korean Fried Chicken. It is so delicious and probably my new favorite fried chicken recipe. I can't take credit for cooking, that goes to my partner because honestly I lost the will to cook in college. And if you don't know Maagchi, well boo you need to get to know her! She is amazing!!! Below you will see all her cooking magic in action and her recipe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment